These roadworks will increase the traffic capacity of the junctions and links on the Nacton Road, Ransomes Way and Felixstowe Road corridors, reducing delays during peak traffic periods.
- widening Nacton Road between The Havens and Thrasher roundabouts to provide 3 lanes for traffic
- provide a left slip road at The Havens roundabout so traffic can travel onto the A14 eastbound slip road
- provide 3 lanes for traffic on Ransomes Way
- increase the capacity at the 3 roundabouts on Ransomes Way, by widening the roads in localised areas
- improve cycle and pedestrian routes along these roads
Due to the size and complexity of this project, the work is being split into a number of phases.
Details of future phases of work are currently being finalised and will be published on here soon. This will include improvements around St Augustine's and the timings of these works.
Register for updates about the roadworks
Complete an online form to receive email updates about the Nacton Road area roadworks.