Join the conversation with @SuffolkSpokes
Encourage people to cycle more often and tell us why you love cycling in Suffolk.
Free cycle route maps in Suffolk
|Beccles (PDF, 922KB)||Lowestoft (PDF, 4.4MB)|
|Bury St Edmunds (PDF, 1.4MB)||Mildenhall (PDF, 336KB)|
|Felixstowe (PDF, 5.75MB)||Newmarket (PDF, 859KB)|
|Felixstowe to Ipswich (PDF, 1.8MB)||Stowmarket (PDF, 1.3MB)|
|Halesworth (PDF, 1.8MB)||Sudbury (PDF, 1MB)|
|Haverhill (PDF, 3.8MB)||Woodbridge (PDF, 776KB)|
|Ipswich (PDF, 4.3MB)|
Find more leisure maps on Discover Suffolk website.
Websites for cycling
- Find ideas for cycling in Suffolk at Visit Suffolk
- Visit Suffolk Roadsafe or Discover Suffolk
- Read safety tips on the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents website
Cycling to school and safety
Bike & Go from a railway station
Hire a bike at some railway stations in Suffolk with www.bikeandgo.co.uk.
Report a problem with a cycle route
You can report a problem with cycle lanes or tracks quickly and easily online using our Highways Reporting Tool.
Suffolk Cycling Strategy
Our aim is to increase the number of people cycling in Suffolk and become a normal form of transport for everyone.
- Suffolk Cycling Strategy (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Appendix A: Suffolk Cycle Strategy: Medical and Public Health Evidence (PDF, 102KB)
- Appendix B: Suffolk Cycling Strategy Delivery Plan (PDF, 67KB)
Suffolk County Council
Roads and transport
- How we manage highway maintenance
- Check which roads are gritted in Suffolk
- Roads, pavements and verges
- Flooding and drainage
- Street lighting, traffic signals and pedestrian crossings
- Road adoption
- Traffic management and road safety
- Lorry management
- Public transport
- Transport strategy and planning
- Public rights of way