Suffolk County Council works in partnership with a range of programmes and initiatives that support charities, businesses and community organisations.
External funding provides an opportunity for organisations to access additional domestic and EU finance. It's a predominantly competitive process, requiring applicants to submit a clear, evidenced and well costed bid.
COVID-19 related grant funding
Click the link below to see the latest COVID-19 related funding available to charities, community groups and social enterprises in Suffolk:
External Funding Team
We work with:
- charities and community groups
- social enterprises and community businesses
- The Local Enterprise Partnership and other public bodies
We advise on:
- identifying potential funding opportunities
- developing your bid or writing an application
- finding additional sources of help and support
For advice on funding for business, contact the Growth Hub: email@example.com
Community Action Suffolk (CAS)
Community Action Suffolk supports organisations in Suffolk’s Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) sector, enabling them to operate more effectively. Suffolk County Council is a funder of the CAS service, whose offer includes:
- advice and support: CAS provides support to help set-up new community organisations and charities, as well as advice on legislation, governance, funding and management
- Health check: a free to use self-assessment tool which can help organisations identify strengths and weaknesses, as well as helping to prepare for submitting funding applications
- Funding 4 Suffolk: search for available funding using the Funding 4 Suffolk portal
- Volunteers and volunteering: CAS provides advice and support to organisations in how to create and manage volunteering programmes, and to find suitable volunteers for their organisation:
Suffolk Community Foundation
Suffolk Community Foundation provides grant funding to small and medium sized charities, voluntary and community groups, and social enterprises, who deliver essential services in Suffolk.
Councillor's Locality Budget
Each (Suffolk County Council) county councillor has a locality budget. They can use this to respond to local needs in their divisions, supporting projects or activities that benefit the communities they represent.
Support for businesses in Suffolk
Suffolk County Council’s ‘Business Energy Efficiency (BEE) Anglia’ programme provides free support to eligible organisations in Suffolk and Norfolk, to help them become more energy efficient.
New Anglia Growth Hub: provides business support, events and access to funding to new and existing businesses in Suffolk.