The county council only determines planning applications relating to county council buildings, highways and minerals and waste development.
To submit, view and comment on Planning Applications, please access SCC Planning Application System.
For information on all other planning applications please contact your district or borough council.
What is in the section
Land Drainage in Suffolk, including consenting for works affecting watercourses
Some planning applications are of national significance, and are determined by the Planning Inspectorate.
Provides the policy framework for determining minerals and waste planning applications.
Information on Planning Applications and Highways Consultations received by Suffolk County Council
The following pages outline guidance relevant for the whole county.
- Parking Standards for Planning Applications
- Planning Obligations
- Suffolk County Council Estate Road Specification
- Suffolk Design Guide for Residential Areas
- Suffolk Manual
- Supplementary Guidance: Air Quality Management and New Development 2011
- Travel Plans for new development
- Explore Planning and Design Advice further
Spatial planning is the principle upon which the UK planning system operates.