- trustworthy and reliable?
- do you understand and respect diversity and adopt a fair and ethical approach to others?
- open to change and actively seeks to support it.
- an effective communicator (both verbally and in writing)?
- willing to work rostered shifts including nights, weekends and public holidays?
- able to drive or, work towards a full driving licence?
- able to understand, retain, apply and adapt relevant information in an organised, safe and systematic way?
- able to work effectively with others, both within the fire and rescue service and the community?
- able to maintain an active awareness of the environment to promote safe and effective working?
- committed to work and able to develop yourself and others?
- able to adopt a conscientious and proactive approachg to work to achieve excellent standards?
- able to maintain a confident and resilient attitude in highly challenging situations.
A firefighter’s role can involve a range of challenging situations and, to help you decide whether this is the job is for you, we have prepared a pre-application checklist for you to complete.