Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service enforces the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 in accordance with the principles of "The Enforcement Concordat" issued by the Cabinet Office, and the Regulators Compliance Code (2008). We operate in strict accordance with the provisions set out under the Police and Criminal Evidence (PACE) Act 1984. The primary function of central and local government enforcement work is to protect the public, the environment and groups such as consumers, tourists and workers.
It is recognised that most individuals and businesses want to comply with the law.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service will therefore take care to ensure that enforcement action is consistent, appropriate and proportional against those who flout the law or act irresponsibly, thereby putting lives at risk. The decision to prosecute an individual or company is a serious step and is not taken lightly. Fair and effective prosecution is essential and Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service applies the "Code for Crown Prosecutors" to ensure firm and consistent decisions are made about prosecutions.
This web page will be used to publicise prosecttion activity in order to demonstrate that, to ensure the safety of persons in Suffolk and visitors to our county, Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service will enforce the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 where serious and continued breaches of the regulations occur.
Details of prosecutions are publicised in strict accordance with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and information will be removed once a conviction is spent.
Fire Safety Convictions Currently in Force
- Brandon House Hotel (PDF, 15Kb) - Bridge Street, Brandon IP27 0AY - expires 16 June 2013
- Munro importers Limited ( PDF, 25Kb) - Unit 1, Celcius Centre, 53-57 Knightsdale Road, Ipswich - expires 17 August 2013
- Elizabeth Hotels Limited (PDF, 15Kb) - Merchant House, 33 Fore Street, Ipswich IP4 1JL - expires 29 September 2014
- Providence Healthcare Limited (PDF, 16Kb) - Yaxley Residential Care Home, Church Lane, Yaxley, Eye - expires 12 April 2016
- Showhouse Furniture Limited (PDF, 11Kb) - Unit 1, Oaks Drive, Newmarket CB8 7ALexpires 26 October 2016
Any enquiries regarding the above information should be directed to the Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service Directorate Investigation Team.