We are looking for enthusiastic and caring people who want to make a difference in their community and improve their lives through sharing fire safety advice.
Safer Home Visits will be the main focus for your involvement. After training, you will visit the elderly and vulnerable in their homes (always in pairs) and undertake a Safer Home Visit for them, fitting smoke alarms if required and even door security products too if you have DIY skills!
You will also have the opportunity to get involved in other ways if you would like, such as:
- attending community events and fairs
- giving talks to community groups about fire safety
We are looking to get an even coverage of volunteers to cover Suffolk, so we will bear in mind the location of current volunteers when we undertake recruitment.
What we need from you:
- to be 18 or over
- able to give us 6 hours or more every month
What we can give you:
- ongoing training
- clothing for when you are undertaking duties
- support to extend your skills
- expenses to cover any costs you incur whilst on duty
- possible use of a vehicle to undertake Home Fire Safety Check visits
- a sense of pride by ensuring a safer community
Pictured above are two of our Community Fire Volunteers supporting Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service at a recent event, offering safety advice and promoting our Safer Home Visit scheme to ensure public safety
For more information about the scheme and what we expect from you as a volunteer and what you can expect from us, then please download our information pack.
We are holding interviews in the near future, followed by an essential 2 day training course. Contact us now giving us your name, address, telephone number and email address and we will send you the relevant information pack to be part of this exciting scheme. Alternatively, download our application form and send it to us for consideration.