Following the success of Warm Homes Healthy People last year, Suffolk County Council and its partners are pleased to confirm that this year we have managed to agree an even larger amount of money - £315,000
The funding, from the governments warmer homes healthy people fund, is designed to support those most in need of additional help through the winter months.
Support is available for Suffolk residents who struggling to keep warm or worried about the cost of heating their home. The funding is designed to support those most in need of additional help through the winter months. Anyone who has a vulnerable relative or neighbour is urged to help them find out more about what support and assistance might be available to them.
Help which is available includes:
- emergency boiler repairs, or
- insulation and other energy- efficiency measures including draught proofing,
- assistance with paying fuel bills or
- the loan of an emergency heater
- free use of a Temperature Sensor and Telecare Alarm Unit that raises an alarm if the temperature in your home gets too low.
The scheme offers a free home energy survey carried out by an independent surveyor and the opportunity to visit one of our Warm Homes Healthy People Roadshows (see below for dates).
People could qualify for the free survey if they own or privately rent their home and:
- someone living in the property is over 60 or under 5 years old or
- someone living in the property is in receipt of a disability or means tested benefit or
- the property is within Council Tax band A-C
To find out more or book a survey call 08456 037 686 (Local rate, lines open Monday-Friday 9 - 5pm) or email your name, address and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will call you back. Survey appointments are available evenings and weekends, as well as during the day. You can also attend one of our roadshows.
Warm homes roadshows offer advice and support on a range of issues including a free home energy survey carried out by an independent surveyor, interest-free loans for oil heating top-ups, money management advice, meals-on-wheels and supply of home safety and energy products.
Anyone who has a vulnerable relative or neighbour is also urged to come along to find out more about what support and assistance might be available to them.
- Wednesday 3 April 10am - 2pm - Castle Hill Community Centre, Whitton, Ipswich
- Friday 5th April 10am - 3pm - Asda, Goddard Rd, Whitehouse Industrial Estate, Ipswich
- Tuesday 16th April - 10am - 3pm - Asda, Meadow Centre, Wilkes Way, Stowmarket
- www.ageuk.org.uk – Winter Wrapped Up
- www.communitybuying.org.uk – Oil Buying Scheme – Suffolk Acre
- www.homeheathelpline.org.uk - Get energy-saving tips, factsheets and advice from their website or call 0800 33 66 99
- www.ruralcoffeecaravan.org.uk - roadshows
- www.suffolkfoundation.org.uk – Surviving Winter Campaign
- www.suffolk.gov.uk/mylife - information and sources of financial help with fuel bills
- Winter are you prepared? - Essential information about staying safe and healthy this winter
Anyone who has a vulnerable relative or neighbour is urged to help them find out more about what support and assistance might be available to them.