The Suffolk Record Office is responsible for maintaining a historical record of Suffolk and its people.
We look after original documents obtained from many different sources, and store published works like histories, poetry and newspapers.
The record office can be used by anyone as long as they have registered for a CARN card.
You can get a CARN card for free by completing an application form at any one of our record offices.
The record office have their own website which you can use to:
- browse archive collections
- book a search room session
- view events and book yourself a place to attend
- find out about the service
- find details of each of our offices
Some of the areas of the website are still being tested but should be launched in full soon.
To begin exploring click the green button below.Go to the Suffolk Record Office website