Councillors receive an allowance to cover the time they spend on council work and to cover their expenses.
Some Councillors have to spend more time at the council because they have a particular role. Councillors with these extra responsibilities receive a special responsibility allowance which differs depending on their role.
The expenses detailed cover expenses claimed between April and March of each year as opposed to those paid.
Read about the members' allowances scheme in Part 7 of the Suffolk County Council Constitution.
- Member's allowances payments 2018-2019 (PDF 28KB)
- Member's allowances payments 2017-2018 (PDF, 34KB)
- Members' allowances payments 2016-2017 (PDF, 9KB)
- Members' allowances payments 2015-2016 (PDF, 10KB)
- Members' allowances payments 2014-2015 (PDF, 11KB)
- Members' allowances payments 2013-2014 (PDF, 12KB)
- Members' allowances payments 2012-2013 (PDF, 14KB)
- Members' allowances payments 2011-2012 (PDF, 11KB)
- Members' allowances payments 2010-2011 (PDF, 8.6KB)
Monthly expense claims
Starting from April 2018 you can find below details of the monthly claims for expenses paid to Suffolk County Councillors. Only those councillors who have made a claim will show on the spreadsheet. Please note claims are paid in arrears.
- December 2018 (xls, 21kb)
- November 2018 (xls, 36kb)
- October 2018 (xls, 32kb)
- September 2018 (xls, 33kb)
- August 2018 (xls, 19kb)
- July 2018 (xls, 30kb)
- June 2018 (xls,29kb)
- May 2018 (xls, 23kb)
- April 2018 (xls, 25kb)