About the knowledge and evidence service
Our evidence service for public health professionals includes information on current health awareness as well as reports and resources relating to the health of Suffolk residents.
Find out more:
For more sources of information, check the Suffolk Libraries research and references page to find out what they can provide.
Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA)
Joint Strategic Needs Assessments (JSNA) are local assessments of current and future health and social care needs.
Health and wellbeing boards produce the assessments for each local authority area.
Why do we need a JSNA?
The aim of the JSNA is to:
- improve the health and wellbeing of the local community
- reduce inequalities for all ages
It is a continuous process of strategic assessment and planning.
The assessment is used to:
- help to decide what actions local authorities, the NHS and other partners need to take to meet health and social care requirements
- address the issues that will have an impact on health and wellbeing of Suffolk communities
You can search for our reports and other information on the Healthy Suffolk website.
Public health resources
You can find information about public health in databases, electronic libraries and electronic journals.
Databases and electronic libraries
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to:
- request an article
- search the Public Health Knowledge and Intelligence Library Catalogue
- suggest a book for the Public Health Knowledge and Intelligence Library
- search for literature
- make a comment on our service