This consultation has now closed.
About our proposals:
Proposals in full:
- Day, evening and weekend activities (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Planned supported breaks (PDF, 1.4MB)
- Urgent Respite (PDF, 1.3MB)
- Short term support and drop-ins (PDF, 1.6MB)
- The Befriending Scheme (PDF, 1.2MB)
Outcome of the consultation
The consultation response was presented to the council’s cabinet on Tuesday 12 September 2017.
The cabinet agreed the changes to services for people with learning disabilities described in the consultation proposals.
A report has been produced that describes the response to the consultation. This includes what people said and the changes the council has made to the proposals in response.
Read the full text and easy read version of the consultation response:
- Full version of consultation response (PDF, 161KB)
- Easy read version of consultation response (PDF, 4.8MB)
In 2015 the Suffolk Learning Disability Partnership Board launched the Joint Learning Disability Strategy.
The Strategy’s vision is; “People with learning disabilities live good lives as part of their community with the right support, at the right time, from the right people” and it has the aspiration of transforming the way services are delivered to meet changing needs and expectations of people with learning disabilities.
Over the last 18 months we have been working on how we can achieve this, we have called this programme of work ‘My Life My Future’. As part of this, we spoke to over two hundred customers, family carers, learning disability providers and the Learning Disability Partnership Board to find out what they would like to see from services in the future. We also shared different ideas and gained feedback. We call this way of working co-production.
We have used the feedback to develop proposals to change how learning disability services are delivered in Suffolk. We believe the proposed changes would give people more choice and control and also help us manage demand for services better.
Easy read videos
My Life, My Future consultation overview
My Life, My Future consultation FAQs
Day, evening and weekend activities
Planned supported breaks
Short term support and drop-ins
The befriending scheme
Suffolk County Council
- Children, families and learning
- Council and democracy
- Jobs and careers
- Care and support for adults
- Roads and transport
- Planning, waste and environment
- Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service
- Community and safety
- Births, deaths and ceremonies
- Culture, heritage and leisure
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Council and democracy
- The council and its committees
- Councillors and elected representatives
- Budget, Council tax and finance
- Our aims and transformation programmes
- Council directorates and senior officers
- Open Data Suffolk
- Consultations, petitions and elections
- Lieutenancy and honours
- Borough, district, parish and town councils
- Suffolk Public Sector Leaders group
- Council news