- specialise in early intervention work, including triage and working with young people who have received a youth conditional caution or court order
- have adopted a multi-agency approach to help make Suffolk a safer place
- work to improve the life opportunities of the young people we work with.
Our initiatives include an emphasis on:
- reducing the number of children and young people coming into the youth justice system (first time entrants)
- reducing re-offending by children and young people
- reducing the number of young people going into custody, either as sentenced or remand prisoners
- ensuring young people make amends to victims of youth crime - taking a restorative approach to our work with young people is a priority in all our activities
Visit www.suffolkyos.co.uk for more information about Youth Offending Service.
We have three teams.
Telephone and email
|Ipswich including coastal areas
5 Constantine Road
|Bury St Edmunds
Children and Young People
West Suffolk House
Bury St Edmunds
|Lowestoft and Waveney