The County Inclusion Support Service (CISS) is a Suffolk County Council outreach service for Suffolk mainstream schools seeking additional support for pupils with: a diagnosis of ASD, traits of ASD but no diagnosis, social and communication difficulties, social, emotional and mental health difficulties and all associated behaviours.
The key focus for the service is to maintain school placements, working with schools to build understanding and the capacity to manage their own effective inclusion for SEND pupils.
CISS Teachers and Inclusion Practitioners, who all have significant experience in classroom practice, draw on a wide variety of skills and strategies to work flexibly and in close partnership with school staff. CISS staff take an individualised approach to pupils’ needs, working directly with the pupils, modelling strategies to school staff and offering advice and guidance to ensure the best outcomes for them.
There is a CISS core offer for which there is no additional charge to schools. For a referral to be accepted there must be clear evidence that the pupil’s placement is highly vulnerable. For example, they may be at risk of permanent exclusion or school refusal. If the referral is accepted, the pupil remains on CISS caseload until the end of Year 11. Input from CISS may vary over time according to the need of the pupil.
In addition to the core offer there is a CISS traded offer.
There are two aspects to the traded offer: an annual package of support and CPD for school staff:
- An annual package consists of half a day (3 hours) CISS support per fortnight. CISS staff will consult closely with school staff about how best to utilise the time allocated through the annual package, so that it is tailored to meet the needs of the school and their pupils.
The time could be used to supplement the core offer outlined above, to work with pupils who are not on CISS caseload and to provide consultation, advice and guidance.
- CISS Teachers can offer CPD for school staff. CPD sessions will be developed in consultation with key school staff so that the sessions are bespoke to the particular needs of the school staff attending the training.
For more information, please contact one of the CISS locality bases.
Contact one of our CISS locality bases below if you would like more information about our core or traded offers.
- CIR/CISS Technician: Lynn Holdsworth
- email@example.com or call 01473 466173
Red Oak Primary School
- CIR/CISS Technician: Claire Mynott
- firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01502 588345
Wells Hall Primary School
- CIR/CISS Technician: Nickie Roberts
- email@example.com or call 01787 468925 or 01787 468926
Honington Primary School
- CIR/CISS Technician: Sharon Ungless
- firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01359 268596
Wickham Market Primary School
- CIR/CISS Technician: Natalie Stanborough
- email@example.com or call 01728 745900
- CISS referral form for schools (Word, 15KB)
- Deadlines and dates for CISS referral meetings 2017 to 2018 (PDF, 329KB)
- CISS guidance (Word, 304KB)