The Suffolk Family Information Service (also known as FIS) can help you:
- find out about free early education for your 3 or 4 year old
- find out if your child is eligible to receive the free 2 year old early education
- look for a breakfast, after school or holiday club for your child
- think about your childcare options?
Our friendly staff can provide:
- detailed childcare searches of childcare providers in the area you are looking for
- a range of services in Suffolk for children, young people and families from our Family Services Directory
- extra help to families who are struggling to find childcare that meets their needs
We provide the following childcare information:
- different types of childcare i.e. childminder, day nursery, pre-school playgroup – see our ‘Finding and choosing childcare ‘section.
- name and contact details of childcare providers
- opening hours
- costs (where available)
- whether the provider has gained a 'Good' or 'Outstanding' Ofsted rating (where available)
How do I find childcare?
You can either
Search for childcare online:
It’s quick and easy to do, simply go to our Family Services Directory, and following the below steps:
- Put you full postcode in the ‘location’ box field
- Click on the arrow from the ‘Family Service Directory’ box field to select the type of childcare you are looking for and click ‘Search’.
- This will bring up a list of all childcare providers in your area. You can click on a childcare provider’s record to reveal their details.
Or you can contact the Suffolk Family Information Service to request a childcare search to be sent to you.
- Phone us on 0345 60 800 33 (Helpline is open Monday to Thursday from 9am to 5pm. Fridays from 9am to 4:30pm)
- email email@example.com
- text on 07624 80 10 60 with your number and we will call you back.
Are you concerned about a child or young person?
Contact Customer First on 0808 800 4005
If you're worried that a child or young person is at risk of abuse, harm or neglect, please call Customer First on the number above and explain that you have a child protection concern.
The service is staffed by a team of professional people with a legal duty to safeguard children. They will listen to your concerns and take appropriate action.
Lines are open from 8:00am to 6:45pm, Monday to Friday. Outside of these hours, calls to this number are automatically diverted to the Emergency Duty Service.
If you need to contact social services with a non-urgent enquiry, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.