In Suffolk today we urgently need more people to come forward to foster or adopt Suffolk children. These pages have been designed to give you enough information about whether fostering or adoption could be right for you
We know there are many misconceptions about who is right for fostering or adoption, but we really are looking for people from all walks of life. So please view these pages with an open mind.
To help give you a better understanding of the different services please click on the links below to find out more.
What is in the section
Information about adoption, the skills needed, the assessment process and support services.
Information about the different types of fostering, skills needed, the assessment process, foster care allowances and support services.
- Are you ready to foster?
- Are you thinking about fostering?
- Children's profiles
- Contact the Fostering Team
- Different types of fostering
- Evie & Harry's story as heard on Town 102, Ryan & Gavin's story as heard on Beach radio
- Existing Suffolk carers page
- Fees and allowances
- How to become a foster carer
- Information events, initial visits and preparation courses
- The Fostering Teams
- Training and support
- Transferring foster carers
- Zipwire - Multi-dimensional Treatment Foster Care
- Explore Fostering further