Suffolk County Council works in partnership with district and borough councils, health, probation, voluntary organisations, housing associations, support agencies and service users to help people live independently in their own homes. Some of these services also provide housing but others will come to you if you own or rent your home.
Our aim is to:
- Prevent problems that can cause homelessness, rent arrears, other debts, hospitalisation or admittance to institutional care
- Ensure services are of a high quality and cost effective
- Ensure services meet the needs of the individual
Our services can include helping you to:
- Access other support or community services
- Apply for benefits
- Develop social skills to reduce isolation
- Make life choices
- Set up and manage your home
Are you looking for a support service?
Are you, or do you know someone who is, either homeless or struggling with living independently in their accommodation? Help could be just a few clicks away.
- Central Access and Referral Agency (CARA)
- Handy Person Service and Home Improvement Agencies
- Housing options
In this section
There are over 80 organisations currently providing housing related support in Suffolk. This section contains information that providers may find useful.