Click here for information on how to contact Customer First, the initial point of contact for social care services in Suffolk.
For social care emergencies call 0808 800 4005.
Adult and Community Services works in partnership with health services, local councils, the independent, voluntary and private sectors to provide services and support for Suffolk residents over the age of 18. Follow these links to find out about:
- Blue Badge
- Customer rights
- Drugs and Alcohol Misuse
- Family carers
- Finding help and support around the home (including assistive technology)
- Housing and care homes
- Keeping warm in winter
- Learning Disabilities
- Mental capacity and mental health
- Money matters (including welfare rights)
- Safety and safeguarding
- Social care (including assessment, eligibility and paying for care)
- Self directed support (support planning, personal budgets, direct payments)
- Where to get help in a crisis
- Work and learning
- Worried about your memory?
There is more information about the care and support available to you in Suffolk on our MyLife website.
You can search for services and support close to you, create personalised guides, or use our Frequently Asked Questions as a starting point to find the help you want.
Suffolk County Council commissioned services
The following services are commissioned by the county council:
- Leading Lives services to support people with learning disabilities
- Realise Futures for help with learning, careers advice and skills development
- Sensing Change services for adults with sight and/or hearing loss
- Suffolk Libraries
Adult and Community Services have produced a Local Account (pdf, 2mb) to tell you about how our adult social care services are performing. This document replaces annual assessments of our services by the Care Quality Commission and gives you the opportunity to see what we are doing and how we are doing it.
Policies and procedures
Suffolk County Council policies and procedures relating to adult social care
What is in the section
Suffolk County Council's care homes and community wellbeing centres transferred to Care UK on December 1 2012
Homeshield is a scheme to promote and support the health, well-being and safety of potentially vulnerable people within their own homes.
Information for providers of adult care and support services in Suffolk
Housing related support services to achieve and maintain independence