Farm Shops who are members of the Farm Shop Charter have committed to working with Suffolk Trading Standards to:
- Work with their suppliers to improve food and allergen labelling
In time this means that you can have confidence that products sold from farm shops in the scheme are labelled correctly so that you can make informed choices about the food you are buying.
- Check that “local” food is grown or sourced locally, and advertised appropriately.
Local food means different things to different people. Farm shops in the scheme have agreed to tell you which County your local food comes from
- Maintain accurate weighing equipment.
Farm Shops have committed to selling your fruit, vegetables and meat using scales which are regularly checked.
- Display clear and transparent pricing.
Farm shops in the scheme have committed to making sure that you can easily find out how much things cost before you decide to buy.
- Handle complaints fairly.
If you have a complaint, you can be confident that farm shops in the scheme have agreed to take your complaint seriously and put things right when things go wrong.
- Provide full traceability of food produce.
Farm Shops in the scheme have agreed to keep good records to show where all of your food comes from.
If you wish to become a member of the scheme or wish to feedback about a member farm shop, please contact us.