Suffolk County Council will be increasing their licence fees from 1 October 2019.
Scaffold licences are:
- only issued to scaffolding companies with qualified scaffolders
- not issued to individuals
How to apply
Send a application form to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:Suffolk County Council
Network Assurance Licencing Team Phoenix House 3 Goddard RoadSuffolk IP1 5NP
Fees from 1 October 2019
Suffolk County Council have recently reviewed the licence fees in conjunction with neighbouring authorities and the administrative cost which Suffolk County Council incurs as a result of processing, monitoring and inspecting activities of licences on the public highway.
Therefore, with effect from 1 October 2019, licence fees will be increasing. The increased fees will be published in due course.Download the application form
Before you apply
To obtain a scaffolding licence you will need a copy of the:
- up-to-date accreditation for the on site erector
- company's public liability insurance with an insured sum of no less than £5,000,000. We reserve the right to increase this threshold for locations needing extra cover
The different fees:
- The fee for each licence is £70 (excluding VAT) and lasts for 8 weeks
- Any extension will require a new licence and payment of £70
- Any inspections required due to non-compliance with the conditions will face a £50 charge per inspection
The licence fee will not be refunded if the application is not approved.
Paying for a scaffolding licence
Read about how to pay for a scaffolding licence.
All cheques should be payable to Suffolk County Council.