Find all of our opportunities advertised via:
- Suffolk Sourcing - this includes opportunities relating to Suffolk Borough and District Councils
- Contracts Finder - the Government Opportunities Portal
- Tenders Electronic Daily (TED) - for contract notices placed in the Official Journal of the European Union for goods, services and works
- Twitter @SuffolkSourcing
- Suffolk on Board for opportunities for public bus services and home to school transport
Suffolk Sourcing is an E-Tendering and Contract Management System jointly operated by us and the Suffolk District and Borough Councils.
Suffolk Sourcing is a secure online procurement system, enabling you to:
- see and download any current tender opportunities advertised by one of the Suffolk councils
- respond to and upload bids / submissions for tenders
- see details of existing contracts currently in operation between us, the District and Borough councils and suppliers.
Once you have identified an opportunity using the routes above, you need to register for free at Suffolk Sourcing in order to download the relevant tender documentation.
Please refer to the user guides held on the system to assist you with registration and responding to tender opportunities.
You can view:
- Passenger Transport contracts, at public bus services and home to school transport
- Details of existing and historic contracts currently in operation between Suffolk County Council or the district and borough councils and suppliers:
- Current and historic contracts: search and export basic contract data from the Contracts Register
- Current contracts: search and view contract records from Current Contracts
- Contract award notices on Contracts Finder and for those above the threshold on
Tenders Electronic Daily (TED)
We sometimes take advantage of contracts that have been let by other central government departments or local authorities.
In particular we often use frameworks awarded by the:
- Crown Commerical Service (CCS)
- Eastern Shires Purchasing Organisation (ESPO)
- other member authorities of the Central Buying Consortium (CBC) - we're also a founder member
As well as us, there are a number of other public bodies in Suffolk which together spend significant sums of money. Download the list of public sector organisations in Suffolk (PDF, 103KB) and find:
- links to the web pages of these public sector organisations
- a summary of what they purchase
- links to where they publish their tender opportunities
- read about our tendering process
- find out how to maximise your chances of success (PDF, 39KB)
- access dates and booking forms for our free "Understanding the tender process" training
Commissioning in Suffolk
This short Commissioning in Suffolk document (PDF, 1.6MB) sets out the principles for good commissioning in Suffolk. Commissioning is our toolbox to help redesign the whole system of providers and partners, to think differently and innovate, and to lead the future service design.
Commissioning and de-commissioning
These documents should not be relied upon as a statement of tendering activity. For more information contact the Commercial Business Partner for each department.
Adult Care Services
Head of Commercial (Care) - Terry Markham, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 07595 087211.
Health, Wellbeing & Children's Services
Health, Wellbeing & Children's Services
- Commissioning intentions letter (PDF, 205KB)
Senior Commercial Business Partner - Katrina Browning, email: email@example.com, phone: 01473 264490.
- Commissioning intentions letter (PDF, 77KB)
Commercial Business Partner - Martin Jennings, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 01473 265189.
Call the Procurement helpdesk on 01473 260266, available Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5pm and Friday, 9am to 4:30pm.
You can also email email@example.com.
The contents of this page are intended for general information only and should not be relied on as forming a binding commitment on the council.