Find advice to help you plot your career pathway if you want to join or are already a member of the Children and Young People’s workforce.
It focuses on careers that support the services provided by Suffolk County Council.
- Read about the careers with us and Children and Young People’s Services (PDF, 94KB)
- Visit National Careers Service website for information on careers and training
Find a list of courses and qualifications for staff in Children’s and Young people's Workforce at Suffolk CPD Online.
Contact the Workforce Development Team with any questions about working with children with additional needs.
Job roles include health visitors and school nurses.
- Read working in Community Health (PDF, 74KB)
- Visit careers in the NHS
- Our Community Health workforce adviser can advise you about training, qualifications and continuing professional development. Email email@example.com to discuss about your training needs.
Early years and childcare
- Read working in Early Years (PDF, 62KB)
- Read working in Children’s Centres (PDF, 58KB)
- Our Early Years workforce adviser can advise you about training, qualifications and continuing professional development. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your training needs.
Social care and social work recruitment
Visit www.socialworksuffolk.com for information about working in social care with children and young people.
Published on YouTube - Sue Cook, Director for Children and Young People.
Working in social care
- Read working in social Care (PDF, 79KB)
- Read working in social Work (PDF, 68KB)
- Visit the Department for Education site for information about working with children and families, foster carers and residential child carers
- Find a list of training courses at the College of Social Work website
- Our Social Care workforce adviser can advise you on all aspects of training, qualifications and continuing professional development. Email SCTraining@suffolk.gov.uk to discuss your training needs.
Adoption and fostering
- Read about fostering and adoption.
- Read working in Youth Support (PDF, 67KB)
- Visit Department of Education for information about qualifications
- Our Youth Support workforce adviser can advise you on all aspects of training, qualifications and continuing professional development. Email email@example.com to discuss your training needs.
Working in schools
Visit Teach Suffolk to find out what: