They not only serve as a reference point for discussion, shared experiences, mutual support and knowledge, but actively promote the positive values colleagues within these groups can bring to SCC and the communities it serves.
All networks proactively engage and embrace the ASPIRE values and framework.
The disABILITY! Network
Many people who have huge abilities have a disABILITY. We positively embrace a "can do attitude", seek to promote the abilities and qualities of people that society classifies are “disabled”, challenge stereotypical attitudes and support those that wish to lead the life they want and those that wish to enable that change.
If you live with a physical, cognitive or sensory impairment or simply wish to know more, then this group is for you!
You do not have to be disabled to embrace our vision, just interested, with a positive attitude and a real desire to make a difference.
Suffolk Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGB&T) Staff Network
- support new and existing lesbian, gay,bisexual & transgender (LGB&T) colleagues
- help the organisation perform better for LGB&T staff and clients
- promote LGB&T events including LGB&T History Month, International Day Against Homophobia (IDAHO), Pride
- link up with other LGB&T groups and networks in Suffolk
- meet socially and in the workplace
Read more about the Suffolk Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGB&T) Staff Network.
Women’s Staff Network
The Women’s staff group is an opportunity for women to share their work experiences, information and to support each other.
This can be done virtually to include the whole county, or locally if you want to take an issue forward, such as celebrating part-time and flexible working.
International Women’s Day, is celebrated annually by a joint event between Suffolk County Council, Karibu African Women’s Group and Victim Support in Ipswich.
Mental Health Staff Network
We work towards our aim of "Raising Awareness, Reducing Stigma" in the following ways:
- Wellbeing events and workshops - often linked to national campaigns.
- Ensuring the council sticks to the commitment they signed up to with the 'Time to Change' pledge and the 'Mental Health at Work' policy.
- Working to ensure mental health conditions are considered in the policies and strategies of our organisation.
- Promoting training for all staff and especially managers on mental health awareness at work.
- Signposting to support for staff with mental health conditions.
The Mental Health Staff Network is open for Suffolk County Council and partner organisation colleagues.
Christian Fellowship Staff Network
We’re there to:
- pray with and for you, and for your work and family situations
- discuss 'what would Jesus do?'
- learn more about our amazing God
- provide a reflective space to rest in His presence
If you aren’t a Christian but have questions, we’d love to meet you. We are here to help you on your own journey to, and with God.
Meetings happen weekly in Endeavour House, Landmark House and West Suffolk House.
A group also meets occasionally in Lowestoft.
Read more about the Christian Fellowship Staff Network.
Young People's Network
The Young People's Network is for anyone aged 16 to 25 working at Suffolk County Council.
Their aims are to:
- promote the activities and interests of young people working for Suffolk County Council
- help and inspire those in the group to improve their skills for their future careers
- support young people with networking across Suffolk County Council
- increase its membership and build a solid foundation in the future
Email email@example.com if you have any other questions about the Young People's Network.
Suffolk County Council
Jobs, careers and business
- Jobs and careers
- Applying for a licence
- Pay for a skip, scaffolding and S50 licence
- Council services for business
- Trading standards for businesses
- Economic Development and Inward Investment
- Tenders and supplying us
- Fire safety for businesses, landlords, charities and schools
- Funding for businesses, charities and projects
- Recruit, inspire and develop your workforce
- Business continuity management
- SENDsational Opportunities
Jobs and careers
- Job vacancies
- Benefits of working for Suffolk County Council
- Staff salary scales and trade union facility time
- Teach Suffolk
- Working with children, young people and families
- Working with Adult and Community Services
- Working and volunteering for fire and rescue
- Work experience and careers
- Adult learning and careers advice
Benefits of working for Suffolk County Council
- Staff development and training
- Staff support networks