You do not need to register if you train and exhibit animals for police or military use, or for agriculture and sport.
To complete the application you will need:
- details of the animals
- details of the performances they will take part in
The licence costs £35.Start
Before you apply
To complete the application form you will need:
- details of the kind and number of animals to be trained
- the address they will be trained at
- a description of the performance, the animals taking part and number of them
- the performance duration and frequency
After you apply
If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of submitting your application please contact us.
Once you have your licence a police officer, or other authorised officer, may:
- enter the premises where performing animals are kept
- inspect the premises to make sure the animals are well kept
- ask you to produce your certificate of registration
Other ways to apply
You can also apply by downloading the application form (45KB) and sending it, with your payment, to:
Public Protection Directorate
8 Russell Road
If you have any questions about this licence, contact the Trading Standards team.
Phone: 01473 264859