Applying for a licence

Apply for a business licence such as scaffold, animal feed, skip, crane, weighbridge, petroleum, fireworks or festive licence and sports safety certificate.

All pages in this section

Apply for a licence

Find out what licences you can apply for through our licensing team.

Apply for an animal feed licence

Businesses that make, use, or supply animal feed must register to control potential food hazards at every stage of production.

Petroleum storage, certificates, licensing and decommissioning

Businesses, organisations and individuals must have a Petroleum Storage Certificate (PSC) if they store and supply petrol to vehicles.

The Sale Of Poisons

To purchase poisons consumers need to produce a valid licence issued by the Home Office. Retailers no longer need to be licensed.

Apply for an annual fireworks licence

An annual fireworks licence lets your business sell fireworks all year round.

Fireworks and Explosives licences

Businesses that store fireworks and other explosives need to be licensed or registered with Trading Standards, Suffolk Police or the Health & Safety Executive.

Apply for a scaffold licence

You need a licence for any scaffold or hoarding that affects a public road, pavement, cycleway or verge.

Apply for a weighbridge operator certificate

Operators of public weighing equipment must have a certificate to show they are capable of using the equipment correctly.

Performing animal licence

You need to register performing animals through your local district council.

Apply for a skip licence

You must have a licence to put a skip on a public road, pavement or verge.

Apply for a sports ground safety certificate

Any covered stand that holds over 500 people requires a safety certificate from us.

Licence for festive decorations on the highway

You need a licence to put festive decorations on or over a public road, pavement, verge or path.