Using the Nationality checking service does not guarantee your application for citizenship will be successful. You must meet all the requirements as specified in the guidance document before making an appointment.
We are registered with the Office of the Immigration Services as a member of the Nationality Checking Service.
The Nationality Checking Service helps people to apply for British Citizenship. We will:
- check your application
- check that you have enclosed the correct fee
- copy your supporting documents and return them to you
- send the application to The Home Office by secure mail
Your citizenship application
You need to fill out an application form and obtain the appropriate documents before using our service.
You can download a form at GOV.UK or call the Home Office on 0300 123 2253.
The application form will explain what you need to do and the documents required.
Booking an appointment
Call our booking line on 0345 607 2050 between 9am and 4pm, Monday to Friday.
At the appointment your documents will be copied and certified before being sent to the The Home Office by secure mail.
You need to pay for the Nationality Checking Service when you book your appointment. You can pay by cash, cheque or debit/credit card.
The costs are:
|Date||Type of application||Fee|
|1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018||Adult||£70|
|1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018||Child (under 18)||£40|
Joint Citizenship and Passport Application Service
It's now possible to apply for your British passport at the same time as applying for British citizenship. This initiative is in partnership with the home office.
If your application for citizenship is a success, your new passport will be posted to your home after you've attended your citizenship ceremony.
This joint service costs an additional £10, which is payable when your appointment is booked.
Please note that this service is currently only available Monday and Tuesday at the time of your NCS appointment.
All applications wishing to use this service who're aged over 15, must attend their appointment in person.
Applications are made using the standard British passport application form.
These are available from the Post Office or at Ipswich Register Office.
When you fill in the form, please be aware that:
- You should only complete Sections 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 (if applicable) and 9 of the application form. You don't need to complete section 10, or have 2 photographs certified. Details of referees will be collected as part of your citizenship application
- You need to bring 3 photographs. The photographs submitted with both applications must be identical (i.e. from the same sitting) and comply with the photo standards as described in the accompanying guidance. The applicant's name should be written on the back of one photograph
- Section 1: Applicants within 6 months of their 16th birthday at the time of application must attend the appointment in person
- Section 2: Don't enter a mobile phone number in Section 2 of the application form. Please enter it in Section 8 instead
- Section 4: Grandparent's details aren't required
- The payment mandate on Page 25 of the application guidance must be completed, but don't fill in the barcode section. Please ensure that the security number of the card is entered in the appropriate box
- If you're unsure about any requirements, leave the section of the form blank and complete it at your appointment.
Passport application fees
|Adult standard passport (32 pages)||£72.50|
Adult jumbo passport (48 pages)
|Child passport (under 16)||£46|