What to do if you’re worried about someone

What to do if you are worried about an adult or child, when you should contact social services, and forms for professional referrals.

Is it an emergency?

If you are worried that someone is at risk of immediate harm or that a criminal act has taken place, please call 999.

When should I contact social services?

If you feel that someone may be at risk of harm due to abuse, their actions or the actions of someone else, then contact social services via Customer First.

Customer First can also be contacted if you are worried about someone for other reasons like getting extra help at home or if you need information and advice.

Click on the button in the right hand corner of your screen to chat via web chat and avoid the phone queues.

Suffolk InfoLink also has lots of information about help and support from organisation near you. 

How do I report my concern?

Speak to Customer First on webchat to talk through your concerns in the first instance, and then if you need to submit a concern use the forms below:

If you're worried about a child

For child referrals or safeguarding concerns please speak to Customer First via webchat or telephone 0808 800 4005.

If you're worried about an adult

For non-urgent referrals, including getting help at home, and help for family carers:

Non-urgent adult referral form

If you are worried that someone is at risk of abuse, harm or neglect:

Adult at risk of abuse, harm, or neglect form

If you would like to discuss whether the situation you are concerned about should be the subject of a safeguarding referral, please contact the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) Consultation Line on 0345 6061499.

Adult referrals

If you are worried that someone is at risk of abuse, harm or neglect:

Adult at risk of abuse, harm or neglect

Safeguarding information 

If you have concerns about adults with care and support needs who may be at risk from self-neglect and/or hoarding:

Self neglect and hoarding referral form

Self neglect and hoarding policy

The referral form should be completed following reference to the self-neglect pathway (Word, 51KB) and self-neglect risk assessment tool (Word, 1.7MB).

All completed forms should be sent to customer.first@suffolk.gcsx.gov.uk.

Child Referrals

For child referrals or safeguarding concerns, please complete a Multi-Agency Referral form (MARF) and send to customer.first@suffolk.gcsx.gov.uk. If your concern is urgent (for example sexual abuse, immediate risk, homelessness) then please call through your concerns to Customer First on 0808 800 4005.

The MARF and additional information on safeguarding children can be found at on the Suffolk Safeguarding Children Board website.

Live Chat Software by Click4Assistance UK