There are various ways that we can support you if you care for somebody. We would recommend that you have a carers assessment which looks at your role to see what help is available for you. Below are some details about other schemes that may help you.
What to do if a main carer suddenly becomes unavailable
What is a Family Carer Emergency Plan?
A list of contacts held by Suffolk County Council so they know who to contact in an emergency if the main carer for someone becomes unavailable suddenly, for example if they are admitted to hospital.
Who is it for?
Carers who are depended on as the main source of support for a person.
How do I get a Family Carer Emergency Plan?
Contact Customer First either by phone on 0808 800 4005 or email email@example.com. They will ask you to provide some details, which will be recorded on your plan. A key fob with their contact details and your ID number, will then be sent out to you.
How do I activate the plan?
In an emergency, contact Customer First who are available 24/7, 365 days a year. They will ask for the information on your key fob and get in touch with the contacts listed in your plan. They can also advise about what other support may be available.
I have a plan and my details have changed, what do I do?
Contact Customer First to update your details, so that we have everything up to date in case of an emergency.
Help with care free app
Jointly is a mobile and online app designed by carers for carers, that makes caring for someone a little easier, less stressful and a lot more organised.
Key features include:
- Calendar – keep track of appointments
- Messages – create your own private network and keep in touch with everybody involved in administering care
- Profile page – store useful information about the person you care for
- Medications – keep track of current and past medication
- Contacts list – store useful contacts in your network, so that others can see who to contact and when
- Free e-learning modules
Download the app for free on your mobile or tablet, you can also register on the website.
Please use this code when registering: DGTL8472
Suffolk County Council
Adult social care and health
- Find local support or contact Customer First
- About Adult and Community Services
- Protecting adults at risk of abuse
- Help if you look after someone
- Help at home, care home information and mental health
- Money advice and funding support services
- Housing help and support
- Learning disabilities
- Mental Capacity and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- Public Health
- Blue Badge scheme
- Information for Adult Community Services providers