What is research governance?
Research is essential in planning and delivering effective and high quality care services. Research governance is the means by which the quality of research into social care services in Suffolk is assured, and the rights of those involved protected.
Research includes surveys, evaluations, focus groups, consultations, audits and student projects and dissertations which involve service users or staff.
Research governance in Suffolk
The Suffolk Research Governance Panel evaluates and gives final approval for all research studies in, and associated with, adult and children's social care. In addition, the panel supports researchers to ensure they meet the required quality standards.
- Promoting and Supporting Quality Research in Suffolk (PDF, 859KB) A guide to carrying out research in Suffolk
- Research governance application form (Word, 52KB)
- Research governance database (XLS, 257KB) A list of approved research projects in Suffolk
- Research Governance processes regarding research activity within the Public Health Directorate (PDF, 83KB)
National research governance frameworks
Research governance in Suffolk works within national guidance:
- Research governance framework for health and social care (DOH, 2nd edition, 2008)
- Research governance in children's services: the scope for new advice (DfE, 2010)
Dates of Research Governance Panel meetings 2017
- 11 April 2017 (documentation to be submitted by 4 April 2017)
- 4 May 2017 (documentation to be submitted by 27 April 2017)
- 20 June 2017 (documentation to be submitted by 13 June 2017)
- 19 July 2017 (documentation to be submitted by 12 July 2017)
- 13 September 2017 (documentation to be submitted by 6 September 2017)
- 11 October 2017 (documentation to be submitted by 4 October 2017)
- 8 November 2017 (documentation to be submitted by 1 November 2017)
- 5 December 2017 (documentation to be submitted by 28 November 2017)
Meetings are all on Tuesdays, 2pm to 4pm, at Endeavour House, Russell Road, Ipswich IP1 2BX
Please email QATeam@suffolk.gcsx.gov.uk with queries and completed application forms.