How to make a complaint

We know that sometimes things go wrong. This page will give you all the information on how to make a complaint about Suffolk County Council

Complaints about adult and children's services

Some complaints, such as those about education and social care, are covered by special procedures:

Corporate complaints

If your complaint is about any other Suffolk County Council service, you may be able to use the council's Corporate Complaints procedure:


  • Have your say the SCC comments and complaints leaflet (PDF, 116KB)

Councillor's Code of Conduct

Councillors have a separate Code of Conduct that covers their behaviour:


You can contact us in person, by phone, by email or by letter:

Customer Care Manager
Customer Rights
Suffolk County Council
Endeavour House
8 Russell Road
Ipswich IP1 2BX
Phone: 01473 260711


You can also ask your local county councillor to take up your complaint on your behalf. You can find your councillor's details elsewhere on this website or by phoning 03456 066 067 (read about the change from 0845 to 0345 numbers).

If you have been through a complaints process and you are not happy with the response you receive you can contact the Local Government Ombudsman:

The Local Government Ombudsman
PO Box 4771
Coventry CV4 0EH
Telephone: 0300 061 0614
Web site:

Further information